Monday and Friday: 8:00 AM to 2:45 PM
Tuesday and Wednesday: 10:00 AM to 2:45 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM to 3:45 PM
Thursday and Sunday: Closed
- Closed on New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Saturday before Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Veterans Day, and Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Closes Early on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
- Please have your vehicle at the scale at least 1/2 hour prior to the landfill closing for the day so we can accomodate your needs.
Fees and Permits
- Mark Goossens, Solid Waste Manager
- Office Phone, 860-285-1833
- Address, 500 Huckleberry Road, Windsor
- Fax, 860-285-1831
Transfer Station Information
- The Windsor/Bloomfield Landfill closed July 1, 2014. The Transfer Station is open to residents of Windsor and Bloomfield. Only non commericial loads of household wastes are allowed to use the Residential Transfer Station. If you wish to dispose of refuse at the transfer station and will deliver it in a vehicle other than a car or pickup truck, you may wish to call 860-285-1833 for clarification of vehicle definitions and rates.
- Residents living in the Windsor Fire District (Windsor Center) or Wilson Fire District (south of Wolcott Avenue) are charged an additional fire district tax that covers trash pickup by Windsor Sanitation.
- Click here for Landfill Options for Commercial Customer
- Windsor town ordinance requires any contractor who hauls solid waste to obtain a license. Click here to download the solid waste collectors license application.
- There is a "take it or leave it" area at the landfill where residents can leave items in usable condition or take items for their own use at no charge.
- In the fall, Windsor has a Leaf Collection Program to handle curbside pickup of leaves packed in paper leaf bags.
- Any curbside trash pickup questions should be addressed to Windsor Sanitation at 860-688-3955. Recyclables are also picked up by Windsor Sanitation. For recycling questions or to obtain a recycling bin, please call 860-688-3955.
- Once a year a Household Hazardous Waste Day is scheduled in Windsor. If that day is not convenient, Windsor residents can take part in any sponsored collection held in any of the listed towns where common household hazardous waste items are accepted. Click here for the HazWaste Info Pack.
- Paint Recycling Program: See what types of paint are recycleable at the transfer station. Click here.
- Existing Landfill Contours - July 2007
- Final Grading Plan
- Post Closure Land Use
- Special Waste Profile Form