Join the Windsor Police Department... WPD is hiring!!
The Town of Windsor is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Certified/Lateral applications will be reviewed and processed as they are received, and will be accepted until all positions are filled.
The Town of Windsor Police Department is an organization made up of diverse individuals who are enthusiastic, creative, competent and trustworthy. We are committed to fulfilling our mission through use of best practices and quality service.
The Windsor Police Department is comprised of approximately 65 employees; 52 sworn officers and 10 civilians and dispatchers. The community we serve is nearly 30 square miles with a population of 28,500 citizens. The Windsor Police Department is dedicated in continuing efforts to work with and within the community, striving for a safe & healthy town for our citizens and guests.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary for this position for certified/lateral - $65,127 - $67,770 to start depending on experience. We provide an excellent benefits package including a defined benefit pension plan through CMERS. Other benefits include:
- Choice of three health insurance plans through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday leave
- Short Term Disability Plan after 6 months of employment
- Town Paid term life insurance and optional life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Deferred Compensation Plan
At date of hire the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, a high school diploma or GED, and pass a criminal background check. Motivation, enthusiasm, and a commitment to the
community are a must.
Criminal Convictions: Candidates must have no criminal record revealing any conviction, under federal or state law, or any felony, or any conviction of any Class A or Class B misdemeanor, or of any crime in any other jurisdiction that would if committed in this state, constitute a Class A or Class B misdemeanor, or any act which would constitute perjury or false statements. All other criminal records will be evaluated during the background investigation.
The hiring process has several phases. Each phase must be passed to move on to the next step. Generally, it includes the following:
1. Application (online at www.Policeapp.com)
2. Written Exam (minimum 70% score required)
3. Physical Agility (CHIP Test at 40%, must have a valid CHIP card at the time of submitting your application: www.chip-inc.com, OR pass a physical agility test administered by the department prior to the oral board interview )
4. Oral Interview Panel & Report Writing Test (minimum 75% score required)
5. Background Investigation
6. Polygraph Examination
7. Psychological Evaluation
8. Physical Exam and Drug Screen
9. Interview with Chief of Police
To apply for this position please complete an application at https://www.policeapp.com/Certified-Windsor-CT-Police-Officer-Jobs/289/
*Applications will be reviewed and processed as they are received. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
The Town of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the workforce. EOE/AA.
Please direct questions regarding this position to firstname.lastname@example.org